I just received the Blog of the Year 2012 Award (http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/) from my virtual friend, Sheri de Grom. All I can say is, “Wow!” I’m beyond flattered and want to shout a huge “THANK YOU” to her for nominating me.
Unlike other awards which you can only add to your blog once—this award is different. When you begin, you will receive the ‘1’ star award—and every time you are given this award by another blog—you can add another star!
There are a total of ‘6’ stars to collect. Which means that you can check out your favorite blogs—and even if they have already been given the award by someone else—you can still make your opinion count and pass it on to them again and help them reach the maximum of ‘6’ stars.
* * *
I thought about who to nominate and asked myself, “Who has taught me things in 2012 that I’d otherwise never know about?” And I came up with two people.
My first nomination for Blog of the Year 2012 Award goes to Julie Glover whose website “Threading the Labyrinth” is one of my favorites. I have learned SO much from reading her “Amazing Words Wednesdays”. She blogs about other topics on other days (like high school – I love that), but my favorite day is Wednesday. I look forward all the things I learn about words. And not just because I’m a writer. It’s just really cool.
My second nomination goes to Sheri de Grom. Sheri writes about U.S. veterans and is a HUGE advocate for their medical rights. She also writes the most in-depth reviews of books I’ve ever read. She is incredible.
The rules of this award are simple.
- Select the blogs you think deserve the 2012 Blog of the Year Award.
- Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with this award.
- Please include a link back to this page, Blog of the Year 2012 Award. http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/ – and include these ‘rules’ in your post. (Please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
- Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them.
- You can now also join our Facebook page – click the link here ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award (https://www.facebook.com/groups/BlogoftheYear/) and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience.